5 Minute Tasks to Boost Your Sales & Retention
Sometimes days can be completely crazy, and we get the urge to fill those minutes of downtime with checking Facebook, so we have made a list of seven small tasks that take roughly 5 minutes to complete that will help your organization, sales, retention, and career growth efforts. If you get a short lull in your day, grab one of these tasks and make the most of those minutes!
- Catch up on filing – even if you can’t do it all, take a bite out of the pile. No pile of filing? Spot-check a few files at random to make sure that they are all in order, or go through and clear your email inbox. Even your e-mess needs to be filed.
- Walk the tour route and keep an eye open for trash, pet litter, or cluttered balconies and patios along the way.
- Make a list of all your tasks for the week/month and prioritize them by the due date and by importance. This will give you a chance to look at your calendar and make sure that you have your time budgeted adequately.
- Brainstorm a list. Heather suggests keeping a “List Book” in your top drawer. Make a list of resident party ideas you’d like to try. Make a list of great sales points for the unit that won’t seem to rent. Make a list of ways to recognize your coworkers. If there’s anything you want to do, add it to the list!
- Check and see what learning opportunities are happening with your local apartment association during the next month. If you have any designations, check to see if you have any CECs due.
- Double check that all leads from the last 48 hours have been followed up on and responded to.
- Make sure that all maintenance requests in the last week have been followed up on.